- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a 20 cm square tin with baking paper
- In a mixer beat butter with the sugars until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the vanilla and then eggs, one at a time, beating well after each.
- Sift over the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt and mix to combine.
- Lastly mix in the chopped almonds.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top is firm and a skewer inserted comes out clear.
- Allow to cool before dusting with icing sugar and cutting into pieces.
Store in an airtight container.