Hot Cross Buns
2 cups Anchor Fresh Milk, warmed
100 grams Anchor Butter
¾ cup currants
½ cup dried apricots, chopped
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 teaspoons orange zest
½ cup caster sugar
14 grams (2 sachets) dried yeast
5 cups plain flour
1 teaspoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
⅔ cups plain flour
½ cup cold water
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons gelatine
2 tablespoons cold water
- Combine milk, butter and dried fruit in a medium saucepan over a low heat, stirring until the butter melts. Stir in the egg, orange zest, sugar and yeast.
- Place flour and spices in a large mixing bowl and pour in the milk and fruit mixture. Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture together until a dough starts to form. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and kneed until smooth and elastic, about 5- 10 minutes. Place the dough in a buttered bowl and set aside to rise until doubled in size, about 45- 60 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces and roll into buns. Place the buns on a lined baking sheet so they are just touching. Set aside to rise again for a further 30- 45 minutes.
- To make the paste for the crosses, combine the flour and water together to form a paste and pour into a piping bag.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Once the buns have risen, pipe a cross over each one and bake in the oven for 15- 20 minutes.
- Make the glaze by combining the brown sugar, gelatin and extra water in a small saucepan and heat for a few minutes until the sugar and gelatin have dissolved.
- Once the buns have come out of the oven, brush over the glaze and set aside to cool.
Butternut Squash Cup Cakes
These muffins use butternut squash for a bold colour and light texture, and with an icing that’s lightened with cream cheese and spiked with maple syrup, you’ll be sneaking in a second before you know it. These muffins use butternut squash for a bold colour and light texture, and with an icing that’s lightened with cream cheese and spiked with maple syrup, you’ll be sneaking in a second before you know it.
Dreamy Lemon Gingernut Slice Recipe
A little bit tarty, a little bit gingernutty, and a whole lotta yummy. Guaranteed to make every guest say ‘ooooooh’. Enjoy fun and food with your family and friends.
Chunky Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe
So quick and easy, the kids can make them. They freeze really well, so you can make a batch on Sunday night, freeze them, and pop them straight into the lunchboxes all week.
Tahini & Smoked Paprika Dip with Pomegranate
This Tahini and Smoked Paprika Dip is packed full of flavour, with a dash of freshness from the pomegranate.
Pistachio, Charred Pepper & Thyme Cream Cheese Ball
This pistachio, charred pepper and thyme cream cheese ball makes entertaining easy.
These flavoured butters are an easy way to make people think you're a whiz in the kitchen! Tasty and delicous and perfect to serve with pasta, toast or vegetables - the options are endless!
Strawberry and Cream Pops
These Strawberry and Cream pops are always a hit on a Summers Day! If our Anchor Protein+ Manuka Honey Yoghurt isn't for you, you can swap this out for Anchor Protein+ Natural or Anchor Protein+ Mixed Berry.
Vanilla Panna Cotta
This is a fabulous dessert that is deliciously creamy and complemented beautifully by the sweet crunchy, nutty praline. You can make everything ahead of time and pull it out of the fridge when you’re ready to serve.
These heavenly truffles are so fun and easy to make, the hardest part will be sharing them. Using less than five ingredients, this luxurious choccy treat is simply equal quantities of cream cheese and chocolate. Believe it.
Zesty Lime & Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
This is a super-easy dessert you can make ahead of time, with no baking required – which means less time in the kitchen when your friends arrive. Everyone will love the delicious balance of sweet chocolate and zesty limes.
Chocolate Mousse Tart
You are going to fall in love with this tart and its Oreo cookie base filled with the velvetiest chocolate mousse imaginable. It’s pure indulgence from every angle.
Ambrosia Choco Cheesecake Recipe
Ambrosia quite literally means food from the heavens. And you’ll know why when you cut into this cheesecake to discover delicious morsels of dark chocolate and marshmallows in every mouthful. Best made the day ahead.
Eggplant & Roasted Pumpkin Lasagne
A great lasagne is a wonderfully hearty family meal and this vegetarian version is extra wholesome and totally delicious.
Roasted Chicken with Stuffing
The ultimate Sunday roast - a succulent roast chicken! Enjoy the simplicity of this recipe.
Who doesn't love a classic lasagne packed with Italian goodness and dairy!?