Creamy Avocado on Toast
This super creamy avocado spread is packed with the flavours of Mexico and our new Anchor Greek Natural Unsweetened Yoghurt. Garlic, chilli and coriander help to bring this spread to life and make it a great breakfast alternative, or even a dip for when you're entertaining.
8 slices sourdough bread
2 large ripe avocados
1/2 cup Anchor Protein+ Natural Yoghurt
1 clove garlic, minced
1 red chilli, finely sliced
small handful coriander, finely chopped
zest and juice of 1 lime
salt and pepper
extra coriander, for garnishing
extra chilli, for garnishing
- Preheat a griddle pan or your oven grill to high
- Brush each slice of sourdough bread with olive oil and place in the griddle pan or under the gril until nicely charred, then flip and repeat on the other side. Remove and set aside.
- Scoop the avocado flesh into a large bowl and mash well. (If you want it super smooth you an blitz it in a small food processor).
- Add the Anchor Greek Natural Unsweetened Yoghurt, garlic, chilli, coriander, lime zest and juice to the avocado.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and mix well. Divide the spread evenly between each piece of charred sourdough, top with extra fresh coriander and sliced chilli and you're ready to serve.