Sticky Toffee Ginger Bundt Cake with Eggnog Custard
280g dates, chopped
2 tsp baking soda
230g Anchor butter
140g brown sugar
420 g plain flour
1 tbsp baking powder
75g crystallized ginger
70g Anchor butter
1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
1 cup Anchor cream
600ml carton Anchor Vanilla custard
¼ tsp dried nutmeg
½ tsp ground cinnamon
¼ cup brandy or whiskey
- Preheat oven to 180C
- For sticky toffee bundt cake, grease a two litre bundt tin with butter and a dusting of flour.
- Place the dates in a large pan with water and baking soda. Bring to boil for 5 minutes (it’ll froth up a bit with baking soda), then set aside to cool slightly.
- Beat the butter and brown sugar with a pinch of salt until smooth. Add eggs one at a time beating well after each addition.
- Beat in half of the flour and baking powder, then half of the date mixture with the water. Add in the other half of the flour once the first batch is combined and finish with the remainder of the dates.
- Stir through ginger then pour the mixture into the prepared tin. Bake for 50 minutes, or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before turning onto a cooling rack.
- Meanwhile, to make the toffee sauce, melt butter in a saucepan over a medium heat. Add the brown sugar and cream and stir with a whisk occasionally until the sauce gets sticky, about 10 minutes. Poke 10-12 holes in the top of the cake and pour ⅓ sauce over the top.
- For the eggnog custard, mix together, vanilla custard, nutmeg, cinnamon and whiskey - warm gently in a small saucepan.
- To serve, cut a wedge of the pudding, pour over the warm toffee sauce and eggnog custard.
Tahini & Smoked Paprika Dip with Pomegranate
This Tahini and Smoked Paprika Dip is packed full of flavour, with a dash of freshness from the pomegranate.
Pistachio, Charred Pepper & Thyme Cream Cheese Ball
This pistachio, charred pepper and thyme cream cheese ball makes entertaining easy.
These flavoured butters are an easy way to make people think you're a whiz in the kitchen! Tasty and delicous and perfect to serve with pasta, toast or vegetables - the options are endless!
Spicy Tumeric Dip
This tasty dip brings together the super spice Turmeric and our Anchor Sour cream. Top with macademias and dukkash and serve with some crackers or carrots for a healthier option.
Protein+ Banana Bread
Fancy a delicious snack for when you're on the run or perhaps a sweet treat that is packed with nutritious ingredients? Our Protein+ Banana Bread is filling and deliciously moist thanks to the Anchor Protein+ Manuka Honey Yoghurt and mashed banana.
This twist on the Chocolate Bavarian is made more special in individual pots. Kids love to help with the layering too!
Feijoa Crumble Cake
This cake is for all you feijoa lovers out there. Feijoa and rhubarb are best mates, and here they're sandwiched together in a glorious cake with a crumbly topping. Don't forget to serve it with lashings of whipped Anchor Fresh Cream.
Coffee & Pretzel Crumb Banoffee Pie Recipe
We’ve added a delicious twist with a hit of coffee in the caramel and some salted pretzels for extra crunch factor. Possibly the best banoffee pie recipe you'll ever taste!
Anchor Chocoholic Choccie Cake
This is a fabulous cake from our old butter packaging — Delicious, decadent and moist, the perfect chocolate cake for celebrating birthdays or special events.
Banana & Butterscotch Syrup Cake Recipe
A lighter twist on sticky toffee pudding. The bananas and yoghurt give this cake a lovely dense, moist texture. Serve warm with butterscotch syrup and vanilla ice cream, or as a lunchbox treat the next day.
Protein+ Spicy Roast Vegetable Pizza
Who knew you could pack a protein punch into a pizza base? Crafted with our Anchor Protein+ Yoghurt and a few other goodies - this pizza is one to love and to be enjoyed on a Friday night outside or tucked up inside with a movie.
Roasted Chicken with Stuffing
The ultimate Sunday roast - a succulent roast chicken! Enjoy the simplicity of this recipe.
Harissa Chicken with Kale & Bulgur Wheat Salad
This spicy chicken dish is an absolute cracker. The chicken is covered in a harissa yoghurt marinade, which keeps it lovely and moist during cooking and adds a real flavour kick. Served alongside a delicious bulgur wheat salad, it’s a taste sensation.
Cheesy Potato Bake
An easy dinner for any night of the week! Layers of creamy goodness atop of potatoes topped with cheese - yum!