Zesty Lime & Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe Ultimate combination: lime cheesecake & chocolate
This is a super-easy dessert you can make ahead of time, with no baking required – which means less time in the kitchen when your friends arrive. Everyone will love the delicious balance of sweet chocolate and zesty limes.
150g plain chocolate biscuits (such as a chocolate thins), processed to a fine crumb
80g Anchor Original Butter, melted
500g Anchor Traditional Cream Cheese, softened
3/4 cup caster sugar
3 limes, juice & zest
3 tsp powdered gelatine
300ml Anchor Cream, lightly whipped
Zest of 2 limes
- Grease a 22cm springform tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Combine biscuit crumbs and butter. Press into base and refrigerate while preparing filling.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in lime rind.
- Heat lime juice and gelatine in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring with a fork until hot and gelatine is dissolved. Set aside to cool slightly. Beat gelatine into cream cheese mixture until well combined.
- Fold in cream, mixing until well combined.
- Spoon filling over base smoothing surface. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until set.
- Top with lime zest.
For something a little special, create mini cheesecakes. Just divide the recipe into 6 individual tart tins.