Stuffed Cheesy Eggplant
A delicious vegetarian dinner option that won't disappoint or enjoy it as a side.
¼ cup olive oil
½ teaspoon curry powder
½ teaspoon ground cumin
½ teaspoon chili flakes
1 capsicum, diced (red, yellow or green)
½ red onion, diced
200g cooked (canned) chickpeas
1 cup Anchor Fresh Milk
1 heaped teaspoon cornflour
1 cup Anchor Tasty Cheese, grated
Fresh sliced chili and mint to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise and scoop out most of the flesh leaving about 1.5cm shells.
- Place the eggplant shells on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Dice the scooped out flesh.
- Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and gently cook the curry powder, cumin and chili for 1 minute, then add the diced eggplant, capsicum, red onion and chick peas and cook for 4-5 minutes until softened.
- Meanwhile whisk the milk and cornflour and bring to the simmer in a small saucepan. Add three-quarters of the cheese, stir until melted and smooth.
- Pile the curried vegetables back into the eggplant shells. Pour over the cheese sauce, top with remaining grated cheese and bake for 25-30 minutes or until bubbling and golden.
- Serve with fresh chopped chili and mint.