125g Anchor Butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
½ cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup Anchor Full Cream UHT Milk
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
1 heaped cup mashed ripe banana
½ cup chopped walnuts
1 ½ cups plain flour
- Preheat the oven to 160°C. Line a 25cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Beat the butter and sugars until light and fluffy, mix in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir through the vanilla, milk, baking soda, banana, walnuts and lastly the flour.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared loaf tin and bake for 30 minutes before increasing the heat to 175°C and cooking for a further 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the tin before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.