Banana Cream Pie
4 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
¼ cup flour
¾ cup Anchor Full Cream UHT Milk
¾ cup Anchor Whipping Cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1x 20cm sweet pastry shell
1 cup Anchor Whipping Cream, whipped
Caramel sauce (optional)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the egg yolks, sugar and four. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat together the milk, cream and vanilla extract and bring to a light simmer.
- Remove from the heat and pour into the egg and sugar mixture, whisk swiftly.
- Add the custard mixture back into the saucepan and return to the heat. Whisk the custard until it thickens. Pour the custard into a bowl and cover with cling film so it is touching the top of the custard. Refrigerate until cooled.
- Meanwhile, whip the cream until soft peaks have formed.
- To assemble, line the bottom of the cooked tart shell with the custard mixture. Top with the whipped cream, sliced banana and drizzle with caramel sauce if desired.