Christmas Tree Cupcakes
125g Anchor Butter
½ cup caster sugar
1 cup plain flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
9 small ice cream cones (or trim larger cones)
200g Anchor Butter
3 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons Anchor Milk
Few drops of green food colouring
Cachous to decorate
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line a tray of 10 muffin cups with cupcake cases.
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add the eggs one a time, mixing well after each.
- Gently fold in the combined flour and baking paper and then the vanilla and milk, take care not to over mix.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and springy to the touch.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy and then mix in the milk.
- Set aside some plain colour icing for the snow on the surface of cupcake.
- Add a few drops of green food colouring to the remaining butter icing and stir until colour is well mixed.
- Place the green butter icing into a piping bag with a small star tip / nozzle.
- If necessary, use a serrated knife to trim top of each cupcake to create a flat surface.
- Spread the surface of each cupcake with plain butter icing and position an ice-cream cone (upside down) on top.
- With the piping bag in one hand, pipe around the cone from bottom to top.
- Decorate with silver or cold cachous.