Coffee and Walnut Cream Cake
175g Anchor Butter
175g caster sugar [note, can be table sugar]
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoon coffee granules dissolved in 1 tablespoon boiling water
Topping & Filling
300ml Fresh Cream
1 tablespoon icing sugar
2 teaspoons coffee granules dissolved in 2 tablespoons boiling water
¼ cup chopped walnuts
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Grease two round 18cm cake tins and line with baking paper.
- Beat butter and caster sugar until light and fluffy. Lightly whisk the eggs in a separate bowl, and add to sugar mixture a little at a time. Mix well after each addition. Mix in the coffee.
- Combine the flour and baking powder and gently fold into the butter mixture.
- Divide the cake mixture between the two tins and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside to cool
For the Topping & Filling
- In a bowl, whip the cream and icing sugar until it has soft peaks. Add the dissolved coffee and mix through.
- Place one cake on a plate/cake stand. Spread half the coffee cream over the top, and place the second cake on top. Spread the remaining coffee cream on top and decorate with walnut pieces.