2 ½ cups wholemeal flour
125g Anchor Butter
150g Cheddar Cheese
¼ cup cold water
400g assorted diced vegetables (potato, capsicum, carrot, peas, onion)
Salt and fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 190°C
- In a food processor, combine the flour, butter and 125g of the cheese. Pulse until a fine, sand like texture is achieved. Add the water and proccess until a soft dough has formed. Wrap and rest the dough in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- In a medium sized saucepan, melt the butter and add the diced vegetables, cooking for 4-5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften. Add in the egg and the remainder of the cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll the pastry out to a 3mm thickness and cut into 10cm rounds. Spoon a tablespoon of the vegetable mixture into the center of the dough and fold the pastry over, crimping the edges to seal the mixture inside.
- Brush the pastries with an egg wash and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until the pastries turn golden.