Terrific Truffles our easy dark chocolate truffle recipe
These heavenly truffles are so fun and easy to make, the hardest part will be sharing them. Using less than five ingredients, this luxurious choccy treat is simply equal quantities of cream cheese and chocolate. Believe it.
250g best quality dark chocolate, melted
1 cup desiccated coconut, to fancify
- Mix cream cheese until soft, then add melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Refrigerate until firm enough to mould (about one hour).
- Use two teaspoons to scoop out mixture and roll into balls between your hands. Roll in coconut to coat.
- If the mixture softens too much as you go, return it to the fridge.
- Place truffles on a tray lined with baking paper and chill for an hour until needed. (ready to serve in one hour 20mins).
Flavour with vanilla extract, finely grated orange zest, chilli flakes, crushed nuts, or a favourite liqueur for the adults. Anything you like to make them just the way you want. You can even freeze them ready for another time if required.
To melt the chocolate simply break into pieces, place in a heat resistant bowl over pot of simmering water to gently melt until runny.