One Pot Pasta n Cheese
An easy peasy cheesy pasta dish - delicious and far less washing up than the usual pasta meal.
2 cups dried pasta eg. macaroni or penne
4 ½ cups Anchor Fresh Milk
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons Anchor Butter, softened
2 tablespoons flour
Freshly ground black pepper
6 slices streaky bacon, cooked until crisp and finely chopped (optional)
2 cups Mainland Cheddar Cheese, grated
½ cup Anchor Fresh Cream
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Place the pasta in a medium-to-large saucepan with the milk and salt. Stir and bring to a gentle simmer, stir regularly so the pasta doesn’t stick to the base. Cook until just about tender (about 8 minutes).
- Mix the butter, flour and pepper together, then add to pasta, stirring until thickened.
- Cook the pasta gently for 2 more minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add bacon and stir through the cheese and cream.
- Sprinkle with parsley to serve.