Eggplant & Roasted Pumpkin Lasagne
A great lasagne is a wonderfully hearty family meal and this vegetarian version is extra wholesome and totally delicious.
1kg butternut squash
3 large aubergines, cut into 1cm slices
100g plain flour
4 cups Anchor Blue milk
1 bay leaf
50g grated Parmesan
125g Anchor Shredded Cheddar
400g lasagne sheets
2 cups tomato passata
30 basil leaves
100g Anchor Tasty cheese, grated
Baking dish (25 x 30cm x 8cm deep)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Carefully cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place cut side up on a large roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool slightly, then scrape the flesh from the skin and place in a bowl. Mash the roasted butternut squash well and set aside.
- While the butternut squash bakes, drizzle the eggplant slices with olive oil and cook in batches in a large frypan or griddle pan, flipping halfway through. Remove and set aside.
- White sauce: Melt the butter in a large saucepan on a medium heat. Add the flour, mix to form a paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Whisk in the milk a little at a time, then add the bay leaf and continue to cook until you have a thick white sauce. Remove from the heat and add the cheeses, whisking to combine. Season to taste.
- To assemble: Cover the base of the baking dish with half the eggplant then spread over half the mashed butternut squash. Pour over half the passata and scatter with half the basil leaves. Cover with pasta sheets then pour over half the white sauce.
- Repeat with the remaining eggplant, butternut squash, passata, basil leaves and lasagne sheets. To finish, pour over the remaining white sauce and sprinkle over the grated Anchor Tasty cheese.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180°C fan bake until golden and bubbling.
- Remove and allow to rest for 20 minutes before serving.
Anchor Hot Cross Scrolls
These scrolls are an Easter hybrid – half cinnamon scroll, half hot cross bun – and they’re made using two of our hero ingredients: Anchor Milk and Anchor Butter. These baked treats are absolutely delicious and something you need to try this Easter.
Cream Cheese Kimchi Dip
We love kimchi for it's bite and gut health properties. This dip doesn't lack flavour and its a really easy one to whip up in under 10 minutes
Easy Popcorn Recipes
Whether you like sweet or savoury these recipes will make your popcorn... well pop! Try these fancy takes on popcorn for your next movie night in.
Nacho Cheese Dip
This cheesy mexican dip is a crowd pleaser and the perfect entree to Taco Tuesday! If you're like a bit of heat add some fresh chilli to the garnish.
Protein+ Banana Bread
Fancy a delicious snack for when you're on the run or perhaps a sweet treat that is packed with nutritious ingredients? Our Protein+ Banana Bread is filling and deliciously moist thanks to the Anchor Protein+ Manuka Honey Yoghurt and mashed banana.
Strawberry and Cream Pops
These Strawberry and Cream pops are always a hit on a Summers Day! If our Anchor Protein+ Manuka Honey Yoghurt isn't for you, you can swap this out for Anchor Protein+ Natural or Anchor Protein+ Mixed Berry.
Super Savoury Vegetarian Muffins
These are a quick and easy vegetarian favourite, perfect for a snack or the kids lunchbox. You can add the veges below or anything else you have in the fridge, like spinach and tomatoes.
Vanilla Panna Cotta
This is a fabulous dessert that is deliciously creamy and complemented beautifully by the sweet crunchy, nutty praline. You can make everything ahead of time and pull it out of the fridge when you’re ready to serve.
Chocolate Mousse Tart
You are going to fall in love with this tart and its Oreo cookie base filled with the velvetiest chocolate mousse imaginable. It’s pure indulgence from every angle.
Protein+ Spicy Roast Vegetable Pizza
Who knew you could pack a protein punch into a pizza base? Crafted with our Anchor Protein+ Yoghurt and a few other goodies - this pizza is one to love and to be enjoyed on a Friday night outside or tucked up inside with a movie.
Zesty Lime & Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
This is a super-easy dessert you can make ahead of time, with no baking required – which means less time in the kitchen when your friends arrive. Everyone will love the delicious balance of sweet chocolate and zesty limes.
Dreamy Lemon Gingernut Slice Recipe
A little bit tarty, a little bit gingernutty, and a whole lotta yummy. Guaranteed to make every guest say ‘ooooooh’. Enjoy fun and food with your family and friends.
These heavenly truffles are so fun and easy to make, the hardest part will be sharing them. Using less than five ingredients, this luxurious choccy treat is simply equal quantities of cream cheese and chocolate. Believe it.
Ambrosia Choco Cheesecake Recipe
Ambrosia quite literally means food from the heavens. And you’ll know why when you cut into this cheesecake to discover delicious morsels of dark chocolate and marshmallows in every mouthful. Best made the day ahead.
Butternut Squash Cup Cakes
These muffins use butternut squash for a bold colour and light texture, and with an icing that’s lightened with cream cheese and spiked with maple syrup, you’ll be sneaking in a second before you know it. These muffins use butternut squash for a bold colour and light texture, and with an icing that’s lightened with cream cheese and spiked with maple syrup, you’ll be sneaking in a second before you know it.
Who doesn't love a classic lasagne packed with Italian goodness and dairy!?
Stuffed Cheesy Eggplant
A delicious vegetarian dinner option that won't disappoint or enjoy it as a side.
A simple yet filling breaky packed with the goodness of Anchor Butter, eggs, cheese, herbs and a a touch of flour.