Crunchy Crusted Fish crispy fish batter recipe
Your new go-to summer fish meal when time is tight – quick and so good for you. Made extra special with a super versatile sour cream sauce and a scrumptious savoury parmesan crust.
150g pottle Anchor Original Sour Cream
2 tsp cajun spice mix
4 (about 160-180g each) boneless, skinless fish fillets, use a dense fish such as Hapuka, Monkfish or Bluenose
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup panko crumbs or crushed crostini
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C and line a shallow oven tray with baking paper.
- Combine sour cream and spice mix.
- Arrange fish in a single layer on tray and spread with sour cream mix.
- Mix parmesan and crumbs and divide over fish.
- Bake until fish is just cooked (about 10 minutes) – it should lightly flake apart when pierced in the thickest part.
This simple sour cream sauce also works brilliantly if you swap the spice mix out for flavours like pesto, chipotle or other herbs or spices. Prepare as above using salmon fillets and swapping the spice mix for one Tbsp dijon mustard.
Serve with new potatoes and lightly cooked greens or a salad.