Roasted Pumpkin Soup
There is nothing more comforting on a chilly winter’s night than a bowl of hot pumpkin soup. This recipe roasts the butternut squash first to intensify the flavours. Serve it with a beautiful garlic bread and you’re onto a winner.
1kg butternut squash
2 tbsp Anchor Butter
1 large onion, finely diced
2 celery stalks, finely diced
1 large carrot, finely diced
2 large cloves garlic, finely sliced
4 cups vegetable stock
½ cup Anchor Cream
salt and pepper
Optional: Garlic bread
500g Anchor Unsalted Butter, at room temperature
5 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup packed herbs, finely chopped (use a mixture of parsley, basil, sage, coriander or whatever tickles your tastebuds)
salt and pepper
1 French breadstick
- Preheat the oven to 180°C fan bake.
- Carefully cut the butternut squash in half and scoop out the seeds. Place cut side up on a large roasting tray, drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for 1 hour. Set aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of butter in a large pot on a medium heat. Add the onion, celery, carrot and garlic, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for around 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add the baked squash (skin and all) and stock to the pot. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 minutes, breaking up the butternut squash with a wooden spoon.
- Turn the heat off and use a stick blender to whiz the soup to a smooth consistency, or pour it into a blender (in batches if necessary) and purée until smooth. Add herbs and spices of your choice (we recommend nutmeg, cloves and some chilli flakes).
- Stir through the cream, season to taste.
Optional: Garlic bread.
- Place the butter, garlic and herbs in a large bowl, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Halve the mixture and place each half on a separate sheet of greaseproof paper. Roll each sheet around the butter to form a cylinder, twisting the ends like a Christmas cracker.
- Place in the fridge for a few hours to firm up.
- Once the butters are firm, unwrap and slice into 1 cm rounds. Place the rounds in a freezer-proof bag and pop in the freezer.
- When you’re ready to make garlic bread, simply take the butter rounds from the freezer, pop onto sliced French bread and grill until golden and bubbling.
Eggplant & Roasted Pumpkin Lasagne
A great lasagne is a wonderfully hearty family meal and this vegetarian version is extra wholesome and totally delicious.
Quick & Easy Spaghetti Bolognaise
The perfect weeknight meal when you're feeling like something deliciously warm and comforting.
Asparagus & Cheese Pies
No need to muck about making pastry – just use your loaf and whip up these instant pie bases.
Easy Butternut Pumpkin Pasta
This gorgeous pasta is super simple to make and packed with vitamin rich butternut squash and spinach, making it the perfect option when you’re looking for a vegetarian delight.
Chicken Tortilla Bake
An easy Mexican dish that you'll want to go back to time and time again. It's not Mexican if it doesn't feature Sour Cream!
Corn, Potato and Mozzarella Cakes
These delicous corn, potato and mozzarella cakes are a tasty dish for entertaining or for an afternoon snack. If corn isn't your jam, swap this out for peas or capsicum.
These flavoured butters are an easy way to make people think you're a whiz in the kitchen! Tasty and delicous and perfect to serve with pasta, toast or vegetables - the options are endless!
Leftover Xmas Ham Veggie Frittata
Great recipe for the picnic at the outdoor summer music festival or a post Xmas get together. Easy and delicious, even reheated or cold. Must to do with the leftover Xmas ham!
Leftover Xmas Ham Mac and Cheese
This leftover Xmas ham mac and cheese is a WINNER. A very simple and quick dish to whip up on your boxing day hangover!
Roasted Chicken with Stuffing
The ultimate Sunday roast - a succulent roast chicken! Enjoy the simplicity of this recipe.
Protein+ Spicy Roast Vegetable Pizza
Who knew you could pack a protein punch into a pizza base? Crafted with our Anchor Protein+ Yoghurt and a few other goodies - this pizza is one to love and to be enjoyed on a Friday night outside or tucked up inside with a movie.
Harissa Chicken with Kale & Bulgur Wheat Salad
This spicy chicken dish is an absolute cracker. The chicken is covered in a harissa yoghurt marinade, which keeps it lovely and moist during cooking and adds a real flavour kick. Served alongside a delicious bulgur wheat salad, it’s a taste sensation.
Butternut, Ginger & Lime Mash Recipe
Here’s a delicious twist on a seasonal favourite, our pumpkin mash recipe. Sweet creamy butternut gets a burst of flavour with lime and a little kick of ginger.
Smashed Peas with Mint Butter Recipe
Try our delicious variation on mushy peas, that beloved British pub favourite. Our recipe uses frozen peas for a much brighter colour and flavour – these look fabulous on the table for a dinner party.
Crunchy Crusted Fish
Your new go-to summer fish meal when time is tight – quick and so good for you. Made extra special with a super versatile sour cream sauce and a scrumptious savoury parmesan crust.
The Ultimate Mashed Potato Recipe
Everyone's favourite mashed potatoes recipe becomes the dinner table hero with a few little tricks. The secret to a light and fluffy mash potato is choosing a ‘floury’ rather than waxy potato. A touch of sour cream takes this rich and creamy mashed potato to next-level goodness.
Who doesn't love a classic lasagne packed with Italian goodness and dairy!?
Cheesy Potato Bake
An easy dinner for any night of the week! Layers of creamy goodness atop of potatoes topped with cheese - yum!
Stuffed Cheesy Eggplant
A delicious vegetarian dinner option that won't disappoint or enjoy it as a side.
One Pot Pasta n Cheese
An easy peasy cheesy pasta dish - delicious and far less washing up than the usual pasta meal.
Cheese and Potato Rosti
Super easy and super tasty our Cheese and Potato Rosti won't disappoint.