Smashed Peas with Mint Butter Recipe your favourite mushy peas recipe reinvented
Try our delicious variation on mushy peas, that beloved British pub favourite. Our recipe uses frozen peas for a much brighter colour and flavour – these look fabulous on the table for a dinner party.
- Bring a medium pot of water to the boil.
- Plunge peas into boiling water and cook until tender and bright green (3-4 minutes).
- Drain well then transfer to a bowl.
- Add a generous pinch of sea salt and pepper then coarsely crush with a fork.
- Add garlic, lemon juice and zest, melted butter and mint, and add extra seasoning if needed.
Serve with battered fish and a side of homemade fries for that authentic pub vibe.