Roasted Chicken with Stuffing
The ultimate Sunday roast - a succulent roast chicken! Enjoy the simplicity of this recipe.
2 tablespoons Anchor Butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
½ teaspoon dried mixed herbs
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
50g butter, melted
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
½ teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Gently melt the butter in a small frying pan and cook the onion and garlic for 10 minutes until softened. Set aside to cool a little.
- In a medium sized bowl combine the breadcrumbs with the egg, mixed herbs, and onion, season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the stuffing into the chicken cavity and then secure legs with kitchen string.
- Rub the chicken with the melted butter and sit in a roasting dish. Sprinkle with thyme leaves and paprika.
- Roast the chicken for 1 ½ hours until the juices run clear when a skewer is inserted into the thigh.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.