Anchor Cinnamon Scrolls
These Cinammon scrolls are simply delicious nd they’re made using two of our hero ingredients: Anchor Milk and Anchor Butter. These baked treats are absolutely divine and something you need to try this making at home.
125ml Anchor Blue Milk, lukewarm
70 grams caster sugar
10 grams active dry yeast
4 free-range eggs, at room temperature
500 grams plain flour
1 tablespoon mixed spice
1 teaspoon cinnamon
175g Anchor Unsalted Butter, cubed and at room temperature
1 cup sultanas/raisins
Anchor Butter, softened (for brushing)
80g soft brown sugar
2 tablespoons mixed spice
200g Anchor Cream Cheese, at room temperature
juice of half a lemon
5 tablespoons icing sugar
Stand mixer with dough hook
33cm x 24cm rectangular baking dish lined with non-stick baking paper
- Combine the milk, sugar and yeast in a bowl and leave for 5-7 minutes until the mixture is starting to froth.
- Once frothy, beat in the eggs until the mixture is light and creamy.
- Put the flour, mixed spice, cinnamon and a pinch of salt in your mixer bowl and mix until combined. Add the egg mixture and mix again for 2-3 minutes.
- Slowly add the butter, mixing well as you go. Mix for a further 5 minutes or until the dough starts to pull away from the sides of the bowl. Add the sultanas and mix for a further 5 minutes until the dough is smooth and elastic.
- Remove the dough and place in a buttered bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place for 2 hours or until the dough has doubled in size.
- Knock back the dough to its original size then cover and place in the fridge for an hour.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and place on a well-floured surface. Roll out to a rectangle 30cm x 50cm and 3mm thick.
- Brush the dough with the softened Anchor Butter and sprinkle over the soft brown sugar, making sure it’s evenly distributed. Sprinkle over the mixed spice then tightly roll the dough back over the filling, working from one side to the other, so you have a 50cm long roll.
- Use a sharp serrated knife to gently slice the roll into 12 pieces and place in the lined baking dish. Cover the dish loosely with plastic wrap and let the scrolls rise for 30 minutes to 1 hour in a warm draught-free place.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Remove the plastic wrap and bake for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Beat the cream cheese and lemon juice in a bowl until pale and light. Add the icing sugar and beat until combined. Let the scrolls cool slightly before icing.