Bakeless Chocolate, Citrus, Cherry & Ginger Festive Log
- Line the base and sides of a 1 litre loaf tin with baking paper.
- Melt the butter and golden syrup together in a pot and bring to the boil. Add cream and warm through but not boil.
- Add the chocolate, reduce the heat to its lowest setting and stir with a whisk until the chocolate has melted. Remove from heat and quickly whisk through the egg. The heat will cook it.
- Break up the biscuits into large chunks (quarters are fine), put them in a bowl and add the mixed peel, cherries and ginger.
- Pour the hot chocolate mix over the dry ingredients and mix gently with a wooden spoon. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and press the mixture flat in the tin.
- Chill for three hours or until set, then cut into slices.