Anchor Feijoa Crumble Muffins
There are few things more satisfying than the wafting aroma of freshly baked muffins. These ones are topped with an oat crumble, packed with feijoas and kept lovely and moist with our Anchor Protein+ Yoghurt. They’re perfect if you’re in a hurry and need something delicious for unexpected guests, or to fill school lunchboxes.
- 30g oats
- 40g soft brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 50g Anchor Unsalted Butter, melted (Note: only 1 Tbsp is used in the crumble mixture)
- 250g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 free-range egg
- 150g sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 180g Anchor Protein+ Yoghurt
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- remaining melted Anchor Butter from crumble
- 175g feijoa pulp
12-hole muffin tin, lined with muffin cases
Preheat the oven to 200°C bake.
- Place the oats, sugar and flour in a small bowl and mix well.
- Add one tablespoon of the melted butter and mix until combined then set aside. (The rest of the melted butter goes into the wet ingredients below.)
- Mix the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a large bowl and set aside. In another large bowl, whisk the egg, sugar and vanilla essence for about a minute, until the mixture is pale yellow. Add the Anchor Protein+ Yoghurt, oil and remaining melted butter and whisk well.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and fold with a spatula until combined.
- Add the feijoa pulp and fold in gently until evenly distributed.
- Divide the mixture between the 12 muffin cases and then sprinkle the crumble evenly over the top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the muffin tin, then place on a rack to cool completely