- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chunks. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Slowly add to the dry ingredients. Gently fold together until just combined. (Don’t overmix or they’ll be tough).
- Divide the batter into the muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
For a surprise chocolate centre, push an extra-large chunk into the centre of each muffin, rather than stirring them through. Add walnuts for extra crunch.