Chunky Chocolate Chip Muffins Recipe An easy choc chip muffin recipe, ideal for lunchboxes
So quick and easy, the kids can make them. They freeze really well, so you can make a batch on Sunday night, freeze them, and pop them straight into the lunchboxes all week.
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 12-cup muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking soda, salt and chocolate chunks. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla.
- Slowly add to the dry ingredients. Gently fold together until just combined. (Don’t overmix or they’ll be tough).
- Divide the batter into the muffin tray and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Cool for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
For a surprise chocolate centre, push an extra-large chunk into the centre of each muffin, rather than stirring them through. Add walnuts for extra crunch.