Hot Milk cupcakes
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 slightly heaped cup plain flour
1¼ teaspoons baking powder
¾ cup a2 Milk™ by Anchor™
75g butter, cubed
110g soft butter
3 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons a2 Milk™ by Anchor™
¼ cup strawberry sundae syrup
pink food colouring
100s and 1000s to decorate (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 190°C. Line a 12-hole muffin or cupcake pan with patty cases.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed for 5 minutes or until thick and pale. Gradually add sugar, beating until mixture is light and fluffy. Mix in vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking powder, then gradually add to batter, beating at low speed until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, heat milk and butter until just melted. Gradually add to batter, beating until just combined. Divide the mixture into the prepared panand bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- STRAWBERRY FROSTING. Beat butter until pale, then add the icing sugar in 2 or 3 increments, beating well after each addition. Beat until light and fluffy, adding a dash of milk if needed. Mix in the strawberry sundae syrup and a drop of food colouring. Transfer icing to a piping bag fitted with a star nozzle, then pipe rosettes onto the tops of each cupcake. Sprinkle with 100s and 1000s if desired.