Ambrosia Choco Cheesecake Your cheesecake recipe gets an ambrosia upgrade.
Ambrosia quite literally means food from the heavens. And you’ll know why when you cut into this cheesecake to discover delicious morsels of dark chocolate and marshmallows in every mouthful. Best made the day ahead.
200g chocolate fingers
80g unsalted butter, melted
500g Anchor Traditional Cream Cheese, softened
100g caster sugar
300ml Anchor Cream
60ml boiling water
3 tsp gelatine powder
1 cup Fruit Yoghurt
70g pink marshmallows, halved
100g 70% dark chocolate, chopped
Dark chocolate, grated
- Grease a 20-23cm spring-form cake tin and line the base with baking paper.
- Blend the biscuits in a food processor to a fine crumb. Add the melted butter and pulse until combined. Press mixture into the base of the tin and pop in the fridge to chill for at least an hour.
- Place the cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl and beat until smooth.
- Beat the cream until thick peaks form.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, pour in the boiling water and sprinkle the gelatine over top. Mix to dissolve using a fork and leave to cool slightly.
- Beat the gelatin into cream cheese mix until well combined. Add the yoghurt and beat again.
- Gently fold in the whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate.
- Pour over the base and refrigerate for at least 5 hours, preferably overnight.
- Serve with your choice of fresh berries and grated dark chocolate.
For an extra festive look, try topping with fresh cherries instead of strawberries.