Feijoa & Rhubarb Crumble Cake
This cake is for all you feijoa lovers out there. Feijoa and rhubarb are best mates, and here they're sandwiched together in a glorious cake with a crumbly topping. Don't forget to serve it with lashings of whipped Anchor Fresh Cream.
150 grams plain flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
50 grams sugar
1 free-range egg
60mL Anchor Fresh Cream
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
90 grams Anchor Butter, melted
75 grams rhubarb, roughly chopped
75 grams feijoa pulp, roughly chopped
50 grams plain flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
1 tablespoon sugar
40 grams cold Anchor Butter, cubed
20cm springform cake tin, greased and lined
- Preheat the oven to 180°C bake
- In a large bowl, sift the flour, baking powder and mixed spice, then add the sugar and stir until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, Anchor Fresh Cream, vanilla essence and melted Anchor Butter.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and fold together until well combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and spread out evenly.
- Scatter the feijoa and rhubarb over the top of the cake mixture and press in gently.
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and rub the butter in until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping evenly over the fruit, then bake the cake for 35-40 minutes until golden and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean.