Coffee & Pretzel Crumb Banoffee Pie Recipe This banoffee pie is the perfect family treat
We’ve added a delicious twist with a hit of coffee in the caramel and some salted pretzels for extra crunch factor. Possibly the best banoffee pie recipe you'll ever taste!
225g digestive biscuits
90g salted pretzels
220g Anchor Butter, melted
395g can condensed milk
100g Anchor butter, chopped
½ cup brown sugar
2 tsp instant coffee powder
300ml Anchor cream, whipped
2 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced
50g 70% dark chocolate, grated
Extra salted pretzels (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 180C.
- Process biscuits and pretzels in a food processor until fine crumbs form. Add melted butter and pulse to just combine. Press into the base and sides of a 25cm tart tin with removable sides and bake for 10 minutes.
- To make the caramel put the condensed milk, butter and sugar in a medium saucepan and cook over a low heat stirring with a wooden spoon until it thickens and darkens slightly (about 15 minutes). Don’t boil! Stir in coffee powder until dissolved.
- Pour caramel into tart base and spread gently with a spatula.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Top with cream, banana, grated chocolate and extra pretzels if you wish.
- Serve immediately as you don’t want the banana to brown.
Mix it up
Omit the coffee and add sea salt for a salted caramel banoffee pie. Or add 200g melted milk chocolate to the caramel for a chocolate banoffee pie.