Chocolate Mousse Tart
You are going to fall in love with this tart and its Oreo cookie base filled with the velvetiest chocolate mousse imaginable. It’s pure indulgence from every angle.
250g Oreo cookies
100g Anchor Unsalted Butter, melted
125g dark chocolate
1 cup Anchor Cream
2 free-range egg whites
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp brandy (optional)
cocoa powder (for dusting)
23cm loose-bottom tart tin greased, and base lined with non-stick baking paper
food processor with blade attachment
- Base: Place the Oreo cookies in the food processor and pulse to fine crumbs. Pour the melted Anchor Butter in through the feed tube and pulse again until the mixture resembles wet sand.
- Tip the mixture into the tart tin, pressing evenly over the base and up the sides. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Remove the chilled tart shell from the tin. (It’s easier to do this now than when it has all its filling). If you find it tricky, leave it at room temperature for 10 minutes (or warm the sides of the tin gently with a kitchen blow torch) then try again. Set aside.
- Mousse: Place the chocolate and ½ cup of the Anchor Cream in a saucepan on a very low heat. Stir until the chocolate has melted. Set aside to cool.
- Whisk the egg whites and sugar in a clean bowl until they form stiff peaks.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the remaining ½ cup of Anchor Cream and the brandy (if using), until it holds firm peaks.
- Fold half the egg white mixture into the cooled chocolate to lighten it. Then fold through the remaining egg whites and then the whisked cream. Whisk until well combined.
- Pour the mousse into the chilled tart shell and refrigerate for 4-5 hours or until set.
- To finish, dust the tart with a little cocoa powder then slice with a warm, wet knife to make clean cuts, and serve.
Dreamy Lemon Gingernut Slice Recipe
A little bit tarty, a little bit gingernutty, and a whole lotta yummy. Guaranteed to make every guest say ‘ooooooh’. Enjoy fun and food with your family and friends.
Butternut Squash Cup Cakes
These muffins use butternut squash for a bold colour and light texture, and with an icing that’s lightened with cream cheese and spiked with maple syrup, you’ll be sneaking in a second before you know it. These muffins use butternut squash for a bold colour and light texture, and with an icing that’s lightened with cream cheese and spiked with maple syrup, you’ll be sneaking in a second before you know it.
Strawberry and Cream Pops
These Strawberry and Cream pops are always a hit on a Summers Day! If our Anchor Protein+ Manuka Honey Yoghurt isn't for you, you can swap this out for Anchor Protein+ Natural or Anchor Protein+ Mixed Berry.
This twist on the Chocolate Bavarian is made more special in individual pots. Kids love to help with the layering too!
Feijoa Crumble Cake
This cake is for all you feijoa lovers out there. Feijoa and rhubarb are best mates, and here they're sandwiched together in a glorious cake with a crumbly topping. Don't forget to serve it with lashings of whipped Anchor Fresh Cream.
Vanilla Panna Cotta
This is a fabulous dessert that is deliciously creamy and complemented beautifully by the sweet crunchy, nutty praline. You can make everything ahead of time and pull it out of the fridge when you’re ready to serve.
Zesty Lime & Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
This is a super-easy dessert you can make ahead of time, with no baking required – which means less time in the kitchen when your friends arrive. Everyone will love the delicious balance of sweet chocolate and zesty limes.
Honey Walnut Panna Cotta
A light and creamy italian classic dessert with delicious a2 Milk™
These heavenly truffles are so fun and easy to make, the hardest part will be sharing them. Using less than five ingredients, this luxurious choccy treat is simply equal quantities of cream cheese and chocolate. Believe it.
Coffee & Pretzel Crumb Banoffee Pie Recipe
We’ve added a delicious twist with a hit of coffee in the caramel and some salted pretzels for extra crunch factor. Possibly the best banoffee pie recipe you'll ever taste!
Banana & Butterscotch Syrup Cake Recipe
A lighter twist on sticky toffee pudding. The bananas and yoghurt give this cake a lovely dense, moist texture. Serve warm with butterscotch syrup and vanilla ice cream, or as a lunchbox treat the next day.
Ambrosia Choco Cheesecake Recipe
Ambrosia quite literally means food from the heavens. And you’ll know why when you cut into this cheesecake to discover delicious morsels of dark chocolate and marshmallows in every mouthful. Best made the day ahead.
Eggplant & Roasted Pumpkin Lasagne
A great lasagne is a wonderfully hearty family meal and this vegetarian version is extra wholesome and totally delicious.